EPA Method 16A - Total Reduced Sulfur Emissions
- Non-Isokinetic Constant Rate Sampling;
- Sulfur Dioxide is Removed in a Buffer Solution Impinger Prior to Oxidation Stage of Sampling Train.
- Reduced Sulfur Compounds are Oxidized to Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) and Caught in Hydrogen Peroxide Absorption Solution.
- Titrimetric Analysis
- Charge Teflon impingers with Buffer Solution;
- Charge first two collection impingers (1 & 2) with 15 mL 3% H2O2 each;
- Third impinger should remain empty;
- Charge fourth impinger with silica gel.
- Separation of Analytes:
- Sulfur Dioxides (SO2) are soluble and collected in the buffer solution;
- Reduced sulfur compounds will pass through this impinger and be collected in the hydrogen peroxide absorbing solution.
- Please provide high volume blanks when low concentrations are expected such as in the Acid mist and/or sulfur trioxide (SO3) fraction.
- Samples may be shipped at ambient temperatures.
- Be sure to include a chain of custody for each shipping container.
- Emissions measurements of reduced sulfur compounds, typically at Kraft paper mills
- No, please contact us if you are interested!